It's tempting to love LA-based design duo Lily Spindle simply because they're dog lovers. Even if you don't hear about them through the rescue community (like we did) - it doesn't take much research to notice their penchant for four legged kind. From their website:
And really what other good things are there? Food, travel, family MAYBE, if you're lucky. BUT -to love them simply because they love dogs is to entirely miss all the other things that make them special. To wit, we've creative a list of bullet points, for your review:
- a deep appreciation for vintage furniture (YES)
- an understanding of how the spaces we inhabit affect how we feel
- a grounding in the reality that even beautiful spaces are meant to be lived in
- versatility - modern, elegant, vintage, sumptuous, understated, vibrant, east, west
- genuine engagement in getting to know clients on a personal level
- and most importantly: they made this happen:
Crates, as we know them, are over. O. V. E. R. This is Tommy, and he agrees.
And if that isn't enough for you (how is that not enough?) - we'll throw in this incredible house in Los Feliz, aka oh, I don't know, the quintessential urban oasis. The drama of the living room (HELLO GOLD VELVET CHAIRS) paired with the cozy & scenic patio has us seriously lusting. Throw a few dogs in, maybe a cat who doesn't like to run away, a coffee, a good book, and the rest of our lives.
Read more about the lovely ladies behind Lily Spindle and peruse their other projects here. And even if you aren't in the market for the full shebang you can still shop their well curated collection of homegoods, which includes some fabulous vintage dog portraits and other bits and bobs for animal lovers. Happy shopping!